Friday, March 02, 2007

In Like a Lion


This month began with a blizzard. Payback for the mild November and December. Over the last couple of days, a warm air mass overrode the existing cold air mass in the upper Midwest, resulting in snow, "thundersnow" (a woman in Des Moines was struck by lightning), and ice. The interstate highways are closed. All 99 Iowa counties are declared disaster areas. Eighty people had to be rescued from their cars at the Audubon exit of Interstate 80 yesterday afternoon. Dreadful weather. Don't go outside weather.

But here in the studio, I've been snug, warm, and happily working on those cats. I'm also working on a portrait of my friend Roy, who graciously sat for me last weekend, during our last big snowstorm. And there are always books and technical information to study. So the March lion hasn't managed to bite me, however much it's mauled the rest.


So here is a study of a cat. Actually, a sleeping calico.

2 comments:

  1. Now THAT is adorable! I am partial to calicoes myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lacey. I like calicos too. This one belonged to my son.

    ReplyDelete