Tuesday, May 08, 2018

Memory Selfie

Not long ago, a friend mentioned an art challenge she had seen online. The challenge was to produce a self-portrait in 20 minutes, from memory. That is, without so much as resorting to a mirror. Although I didn't see the original post, nor any of the results, the idea of a memory self-portrait was intriguing, akin to the concept that we can't really see ourselves as others do.

In any event, here is my memory self-portrait. I did this drawing using Sketchbook and a Wacom Cintiq tablet. That meant saving considerable time--no materials preparations, etc.--and it felt more spontaneous as a result. And it was faster, too. This took less than 10 minutes, start to finish. Luckily, my beard and mustache make the mouth much simpler to draw.

In a previous entry about self portraits I posted an oil self portrait that you can use for comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment