Tuesday, December 08, 2020

Distance is Difficult

For many, I suspect, the need to keep away from others outside one's own bubble has been difficult. We are social animals, after all, and Zoom is useful but insufficient. The same goes for open studio events. Although my studio building is holding evening and weekend events during the pandemic, crowds are reportedly sparse. Owing to personal and relational risk I've kept my own studio closed. 

Originally I had planned to hold an exhibition of the past year's outdoor works plus some other new pieces along with a public opening--wine, cheese and all that. But the pandemic has prevented that sort of gallery show. Instead you can see the paintings on my website. The link is here.

Below are two of the nearly twenty new works on display. 

Hoff, "Early Fall at Gray's Lake," oil on panel, 9x12

 
"November on the Point," oil on panel, 9x12


No comments:

Post a Comment