This small watercolor is actually a decoration of the front flap of my current sketchbook. I like to make a title page in my books and this one accompanies the iris I posted here a few days ago. The interesting this is the density of the colors these watercolors have. That is, they have a high pigment load that can produce wonderful opacity, when needed.
 |
| "4th Street, Downtown," wc/ink |
This sketch is about the same size as the iris I posted a few days ago, maybe 6x8, and shows a short street in the downtown entertainment district. I drew it from a snapshot of mine, drawn by the colors and shapes, mostly. The process of drawing, painting, inking and so on was fairly routine but I tried to simplify the facades and windows, particularly of the tallest building. The drybrush technique on the side of that same structure was fun, too.

Here is the spead front page with both sketches.
No comments:
Post a Comment