Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Sunny today (no snow yesterday) and colder. My studio is about to be packed up and emptied for remodelling. We've been trying to get this done since last summer but design problems, contractor problems, water problems, and weather have combined to stymie any progress until the last couple of weeks. This means that my winter/spring painting schedule is likely to be disrupted, which in turn will affect shows and competitions for the coming year since who knows how much I can get done with the interruption, etc. Meantime, I'm just going to keep painting and thinking and photographing the work. I got disgusted with the painting of Santorini--badly composed and nothing I could do would fix that--so I wiped it all off and left the panel toned a light ochre, waiting for something new to happen. Perhaps tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment