Friday, July 22, 2022

One More

I've posted a few casein paintings from years past as a review and a stimulus to do some plein air work with the medium. Just today an old memory surfaced, "Coffee," a work on paper dating to 2017. This particular painting began as an experiment in the casein medium rather than an attempt at a finished painting. But as the work progressed I was seduced by the two primary colors, the repetitive bulb shapes and the off-white neon tubing. As the work progressed to more and more detailed the quick drying casein made layering, highlighting and the like considerably simpler.

"Coffee," casein on paper, about 7x10
So, this painting seals the deal for me. I'm going out with casein in the next few days. I might even take it out when the Saturday group goes, this weekend.

---
Similar Posts

No comments:

Post a Comment