Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Saturday Summer Sketch

I ordered a new sketchbook from Luchetti, a new company that makes their books lay flat (somehow) without the usual gutter that fills with puddles of paint. It's utterly flat when open, without any groove at the junction of pages. Remarkable. These currently can only be ordered directly via the link above. They come as hardcover in a single 8x8 size, though a new 5x5 square size is coming available. They are available as either hot or cold press and very heavy paper. 

"In the Biergarten," wc/ink on paper, ~8x11
This is a view from the Birgarten in Waterworks Park, which is open May through September for al fresco imbibing and hanging out. I sat at one of the picnic benches with a couple of colleagues and faced away from the group to focus on one of the vast landscape views one can see in the park. As ever I laid in the composition in graphite and then painted. After everything was dry I went back and added very narrow ink lines in selected spots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment